Most Memorable Wines of 2013
In order to bring 2013 to a close, I decided to create a “Most Memorable Wines of 2013” list. These wines are all wines that made such an impact on me that I continued to talk about them after finishing the bottle. Overall, I really liked them but one that made the list, turned my stomach.
These are not listed in any particular order
1. Wolftrap blend from “Wines of the Southern Hemisphere party”. We tasted like 20 wines that night and after tasting that one, I found the hostess to share it with her. (http://mferraro73.tumblr.com/post/62487615241/southern-hemisphere-vino-y-cumpleanos-party)
2. Alexander Valley Vineyards Pinot Noir, final wine in PinotVember. This was the first Pinot that I was able to identify what I like in a Pinot Noir. (http://mferraro73.tumblr.com/post/68833905555/pinot-vember-11-29-pinot-noir-and-mozzarella)
3. Le Rose De Floridene from Wine Riot. I picked up strawberries in the finish, which made me realize some flavors surface after drinking the wine. (http://mferraro73.tumblr.com/post/53405055163/rose-and-jack-cheese-6-14-this-week-our-cheese)
4. VJBVineyards and Cellars Barbera that we drank with friends during our early Thanksgiving. The flavors were really nice and it lingered well.
5. Cantina Pedres Vermentino at Eno. We talked about this one quite a bit after trying it but we will not be drinking it again. (http://mferraro73.tumblr.com/post/61421893228/eno-9-13-this-week-we-decided-to-go-out-for)
When creating this list I was initially thinking I’d include my favorite wines but this seemed more appropriate. It was a great year of tasting wine!