Top Wines of 2014
In order to wrap up 2014, we both took a look through the blog entries to find our favorites. I chose my wines by those that I either tried to buy again or continued to talk about long after tasting it. Neil found wines that he either really enjoyed on its own or due to the transformation of the wine with the cheese. Click on the wines below to see the original pairing and the wine tasting notes.
- Les Chenes 2012 Estate Mourvèdre
- Domaine Philippe Tessier 2011 Cour-Cheverny
- Sol Rouge 2008 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mandragola 2012 Frappato
- Rombauer 2010 Zinfandel El Dorado County, Sierra foothills
- VIE 2005 L’Imaginaire Grenache
- Fletcher Bay Winery 2011 Patriot Red
- Zynthesis 2012 old vine Zinfandel Lodi
- Boccalino Terracruda
- Castello di Amorosa 2010 Zingaro Russian River
What a great year of wine! This year we chose California, French, Italian, and Washington wines. We can’t wait to see what 2015 holds for WineAndCheeseFriday.